Hello 2017! I’d skip the “OMGwheredidthetimego” chatter because I’ve been shouting out loud in my brain every single day. We spent much of the year in a daze, serving in a new church and making sure that life on the home front was some what normal. December was a mad flurry of activities to get the home sorted (almost there) and well, here we are… 2017. I mean 2017.
This year, both kids are in ‘familiar’ grounds. They advance on up to their respective levels with familiar faces. Hopefully that will make the easing in to school go that much smoother and we get back on track, hitting the books and milestones. J needs working on his speech and his languages, and K needs working all around, especially with time management, and prayerfully, everything will fall into place.
Skipping the resolutions… here’s what I pray for the new year:-
- refocus and prioritise : a daily devotion, a verse, a reflection and a gratitude
- build the children (in spirit and in truth, in knowledge and in wisdom, in character and in body)
- relationships : spending time with the people who matter
- reflect : listen, reflect, learn, grow
- organise : to declutter and repack
- health : in diet and exercise
- read : not just the bible, but to also rediscover the joy of books
- time organisation and multiplication : to write, to journal, to be all the different roles, to look into Sera Prints
2017; the year we STAND ON THE PROMISES OF GOD.
He has many many promises. And we will confess them. For we live by faith and not by sight. It is going to be a good year.